My first trick session

Kingfisher OctoberFest rocks! Yesterday was a fun night with Nitesh, Vijay, Nitin and his wife. It was good company and if not for Nitin's wife, we wouldn't have played so many games, and also wouldn't have got the free beer :).
The performances were as usual awesome, once you are drunk. So that part of night was cool in itself. Mohit Chauhan's singles were slow but good and it was a fun crowd. Met two crazy fellows in the crowd, danced with them for a while and then bid them adieu.
Got enough drunk to feel a headache in the morning and thus couldn't go for the trail ride. Finally woke up at 9:30 and it was late enough for the sun to have come out completely - making my day miserable since I can't go for cycling. But thanks to Nitesh who forced me to get out of the house to get some stuff - thus me and my cycle went for a stroll in the market for the first time. It was nice. I had no difficulties in locking the cycle and could do it in less than 10 seconds which is good as you don't want to spend all your time locking your cycle.
Prepared sandwiches for the breakfast cum lunch. Which got us enough full to skip the proper lunch. Nitesh went to meet his friends as usual. Now I am looking for some better adventures and thought of taking my cycle for a test ride. Went to the 'to be' bus stand on the service road on Airport Road in front of Baptist Hospital.

My tricks session begins now. Started with some jumps. I slowly improved and now I can jump on a standing bicycle and also get my rear wheel to come up with me. Its still not perfected but I'm getting better. Then I tried to lift my rear wheel only - resulting in overturning and me on the floor. Got some bruises on the right knee. Since its not bleeding heavily, I plan to continue. And now I drop the idea of doing this idiotic thing. Concentrating on the jumps now, I was able to jump quite better now. Then I started to ride the cycle slowly and tried to stay on the cycle at a slow speed. I learnt that I could move the cycle forward just with the help of suspension. Standing on top of the suspension and then suddenly going to rear of the cycle makes the cycle go forward. I was able to stay on top of the cycle without pedaling for some time, and pedaling only when about to fall.

Now I became good enough to gather a few children around me. They asked me if they could try the cycle. And I couldn't resist and allowed. Though I was scared as hell, if they flew with the cycle. Just to be safe, I gave the cycle to them on the lowest gear, so they can't flee :). Though there was another reason. They were eager on lifting the rear wheel, and had the gear been higher they were definitely going to topple. I neither wanted them to hurt themselves nor the cycle. Anyways it was fun to see kids enjoying the cycle, though it was much big for them. They finally good-byed me and went.

And then shortly after that I too left. Came back home. Cleaned the bruises. Everything is fine now. :)
Till now it was only adopted love. Now I'm totally in love with my cycle. For the second time I have fallen in love this year. I'm loving it. 2010 rocks.

Comments

Varun said…
the camera is not my love till now.. I haven't got enough time to do tricks with it. Looking forward to spending some quality time with the camera in December, so I could fall in love for the third time :)
Varun said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts